Can Parent Coaching Improve My Child’s Behavior?
Parenting in our modern society has unique challenges. More than ever, we understand the importance of raising resilient, independent, and well-adjusted children, but many of us find ourselves wondering “how?”
Without the right tools, we find ourselves defaulting to the way we were raised. For many, this doesn’t feel aligned to the way we want to raise our child. The old tactics that our parents used don’t feel good to us or our children. They also don’t seem to be effective in improving our child’s behavior.
So, where do you turn? Books? Friends? Facebook parent groups? Parent coaching?
Do Any of the Following Ring True for You?
- Parenting is feeling less fun and more like going to battle with a mini-version of yourself
- You find yourself wondering “is this normal behavior?” because your toddler is driving you crazy and you don’t how to handle it? (you can replace toddler above with preschooler, kindergartener, elementary-aged, middle schooler or teenager)
- You find yourself frustrated and/or yelling at your child more than you’d like
- Your default parenting style doesn’t feel right to you and it isn’t improving your relationship with your child
- You and your spouse/partner are at odds on parenting and discipline
- There are too many books and too much advice out there – what’s effective, what works?
- You aren’t in crisis but want to learn about positive parenting techniques from the start
If you said yes to any or all of the above, parent coaching may be a good choice to help improve your child’s behavior.
Why Did We Add Parent Coaching in Addition to Sleep Consulting?
I’ve been a child sleep consultant for over 3.5 years and my twins are really good sleepers. As the boys got older, our sleep problems were traded for behavioral challenges like:
- Not listening
- Not cooperating
- Epic tantrums
- Frantic mornings
- Bedtime battles
- Sibling rivalry
I found myself frustrated, confused and drained. I didn’t have the resources and tools I needed to be the parent I wanted to be and that my boys needed.
While helping hundreds of families with their children’s sleep, it became apparent that even after their kiddos were sleeping, many families found themselves in a similar situation with their children’s behavior.
Parent Coaching for Child Behavior
I received my child behavior specialist certification from The Early Years in early 2019. Since becoming certified, I have used the knowledge and the tools that I learned during my child behavior certification program to increase the harmony and flow in our household.
Now, in addition to child sleep consulting services, I also offer parent coaching services. For families that are on the struggle bus, I help families with their children’s behavior. Or for families that want to be proactive with learning about positive parenting.
I share my real-world experience and knowledge with families that find themselves in similar situations and need supportive advice and coaching from someone who understands. My focus is on really listening and understanding your unique family situation. I provide non-judgmental, supportive and effective advice and tools to help bring peace and harmony to your household.
If you’d like to explore working together, please sign up for a complimentary 15-minute intro call. During this call, you can share the challenges you are experiencing and I can answer any questions you have about working together.
Parenting can be hard, but when families have the right tools and guidance to teach your child positive discipline skills, parenting can be a lot less stressful and a lot more fun!
P.S. Want to stay connected?
Sign up to receive our monthly "Scoop" email newsletter!